Data Privacy Statement
Version: 26 July 2018
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. Therefore, we would like to inform you below which data in regards with the visiting our site and using our platform are used for which purposes. Should there be any further questions regarding the handling of your personal data, you are welcome to contact our data protection officer:
Constant technological development, changes in our services or the legal situation as well as other reasons may require adjustments to our Data Privacy Notice. We therefore reserve the right to change this Data Privacy Notice at any time and ask you to check its status regularly.
The Website is not intended to be used by persons under the age of 16 or the lower age provided for by the law of the country where user is located. We do not knowingly gather or solicit information from such persons.
Personal data is any information relating to natural persons that are or can be identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, such as your name, your address, your telephone number or your date of birth.
No personal data is collected, processed or used when using our websites, except for the purposes described below.
When visit our website, some information is transmitted, such as IP address, type and version of the web browser used, the operating system used, the web page you came from and the time of the query. The information is analyzed by us only statistically and used exclusively to improve the attractiveness, content, and functionality of our websites.
Purposes for which we are processing your personal data
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- to answer to your questions and requests
- to enable you access to the platform
- to provide you with information (incl. advertising material) via post, email, phone, fax and / or newsletter about our products and services, which you might be interested in
- to share with you any further information, such as technical messages and technical updates, security advices, support messages etc.;
- if it’s required by applicable law (clarifying disputes).
You have the opportunity to register to our platform. For the registration we collect and store the following mandatory data:
- email (username)
- password, which is not visible to us
and the following optional information:
- preferred language of the information to be displayed
- first and last name.
During the registration process, you have also possibility to opt-in for our advertisement material (marketing).
After registration, you will receive a personal, password-protected access and you will be able to view and manage your personal data. Registration is voluntary, based on your consent, but may be required to use our services.
To register to our platform, we use so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after stating your email address, we will send you a confirmation email to the specified email account asking you to confirm that you wish to register to the platform. If you do not confirm within 24 hours, your registration will be deleted latest 7 days after you sent us your email address. If you confirm that you want to register to the platform, we will save your email address until you inform us that you don’t want to use our platform anymore or after expiration of 5 years from the registration date. We use your data only to enable you access to the platform and to send you the advertisement material, if you subscribed for it. Furthermore, we store your IP addresses and the times of registration and email confirmation, in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
Advertisement of the products and services
To receive information on our products and services please choose the opt-in for advertisement material during the registration process. You can withdraw your consent anytime.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. If you want to prevent the storage of cookies, you can choose "do not accept cookies" in the browser settings. Please, follow the instructions of browser manufacturer to configure your cookies settings. Cookies that are already stored on your computer can be deleted any time. However declining the cookies can have a negative impact on performance and usability of the website.
Data location and data transfer
Your personal data will be treated as confidential information and will not be further shared, unless:
- with your consent, or
- to the competent authorities, when entitled by the applicable law to access such data: in such a case, and unless prohibited by law, you will be duly informed in advance.
Your data will be stored and processed in Germany and Spain and will be not transferred to or accessed from any third country, which doesn’t provide adequate data protection standards.
Data Retention and Deletion
We review the length of time we are keeping your personal data. After expiration of 5 years from the registration date, all of your personal data will be deleted from our system. If you want to further use our platform, you can register again, in which case your personal data will be kept for the next 5 years, or until you inform us that you don’t want to use our platform anymore.
You have the right to:
- know where your personal data are stored, who has or had access to it, for how long it is stored, and the purposes for which it has been processed and shared
- request the correction of incorrect data or to restrict or terminate the further processing of your personal data, including deletion of your personal data if that is not prevented by statutory retention obligations. Please note that this might lead to the fact that you cannot use some or all of our services.
- lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority, if you think that your privacy rights are violated
- withdraw your consent to all or only some of the services provided to you. You can unsubscribe from receiving the advertisement material by clicking on the link provided for that purpose in every newsletter email, per email or by a message to the data protection officer/s. You can also delete your account made by registration to the platform anytime or you can contact us per mail in order to do it. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties.
We will respond to your requests free of charge and as soon as reasonable possible in accordance with applicable law.
To claim your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
Oerlikon Balzers Coating AG
Password: Library of Technology
The established data usage regulations and data protection regulations are constantly updated in the course of the further development of the internet or our offer. Changes will be announced in a timely manner on this site. To be informed about the current state of our data usage regulations, this page should be visited regularly.
For any question you might have, you can contact us via our email address email@example.com. Of course, we will only use the personal data transmitted to us for the purpose for which you provide us with these when contacting us.